Monday, July 13, 2009

The First Two weeks

I gave it some thought, and determined that, since I am now a long ways from all my friends and family, it seems more likely that this blog will actually be read by at least a few people. It's also as good a way as any to keep people updated on how my life is going.

So the first two weeks have been pretty good. The first week was very slow at work. My NASA contact was out all week, so /TJ (another new hire) and I didn't have much to do. However the second week things began to pick up.
For the time being I'll be working largely with hands on fabrication. We are making test panels from different types that will then be broken to determine material properties. I'm encouraged so far, I think that once I get into the swing of things I will have a lot of opportunities to get invovled with very interesting projects. For the time I'll stick it out while I get through all the boring initiation stuff.

After much thought and consideration, I've reached a decision. And i know I will probly be ridiculed for this, but I shall stand firm and say with Benedick, "Does not man love the meat in his youth which he can not endure in his age?" and, even though it's completely irrelevant, "No! The world must be peopled!!"
I've decided it's high time I invested some time and money in my wardrobe, especially now that I'm working. I've realized that when i dress nicely, I simply feel more productive and inspired at work. Thus, with Suzanne's help (though she doesn't know it yet) I'll be making an attempt at updating my wardrobe. Clothes are depressingly expensive, but such is life.

Meals...so far I have only eaten out once. I'm pretty happy with that. Hamburger helper and hotdogs have been my friends. Tonight it's lasagna hamburger helper w/ some corn mixed in. woot. :-)

I'd love phone calls, messages, e-mails...whatever. hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

Peter said...

I am excited about your blog. Please do feel free to keep it updated.

Also, I am hesitant to give movie suggestions, knowing how many hours I have wasted watching movies. However, the first thing that comes to mind, if you haven't seen it already, is Cloverfield. It's a pretty cool movie; it's one of those that you can enjoy watching by yourself, especially in a dark room.

Suzanne said...

Woot! I am looking forward to shopping!!!!

And we are definitely fixing this wretched diet of yours asap. :p I agree with Peter, I am looking forward to you hypothetically updating.