Monday, December 22, 2008

Living

I love days like this.  And when I say days like this, I mean days where the sky is a crisp blue, and the air is bitterly cold, with just enough wind to chill you to the bone.  I love days like this, not so much because I enjoy the weather, but because when you step outside, every nerve tingles, as your body struggles to generate enough heat to keep you from freezing.  And it's at times like that that I become distinctly aware of how alive I am.  Like Horton, hearing the Who's, my nerves are screaming, "We are here!  We are here!  We are here!"

2 comments:

Andrew Tenga said...

strange illustration to draw an analogy with, but, surprisingly, it works. =P

Suzanne said...

Or maybe your body is screaming what in the world are you thinking going outside!!??!!??